Flank Steak, Goat Cheese & Chimmichurri Cauliflower Crust Pizza
I'm willing to bet you've never had this combination of flavors on a pizza... and that's exactly why you need to try this recipe. As a cheese-and-pepperoni lover, I have been trying to branch out of my "comfort food comfort zone," and this gluten-free wonder hits the tastebuds in way that a standard pie just can't!
First, snagging cilantro and parsley from my herb garden added an undeniable FRESHNESS to the Chimmichurri. In addition, the unique combination of mozzarella and goat cheese provides a creamy texture, slightly salty bite and tangy flavor to offset the grilled flank steak.
All-in-all, my family loved this creation and while I will still always love a nice & classic slice of pepperoni, we will be rotating this treasure in as well!
P.S. Don't fear the cauliflower crust. Take a deep breath and just buy the pre-riced version (ie: at Trader Joes).
- 2-16 ounce bags of riced cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled (1/3 of 4 ounce package)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups parsley
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1.5 lbs flank steak
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled (remainder of 4 ounce package)
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook cauliflower by adding to a boiling pot of water. Keep the level to about an inch to avoid oversaturation. Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Strain cauliflower in mesh strainer and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, you can create the Chimmichurri sauce and season the steak.
- Place parsley, cilantro, garlic, oil, vinegar, juice and spices in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Rub Worcestshire sauce on steak and season. Heat grill.
- Use a cheesecloth or thin towel to squeeze excess moisture out of the riced cauliflower.
- Place in a large bowl and add the egg, cheese and spices. Using your hands, mix completely into a ball of "dough."
- Put parchment paper on desired pan for the pizza and press the dough out onto lined pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. This really depends on your oven, so keep an eye on the crust and remove when lightly browned.
- Grill steak to desired doneness and slice thin.
- Spread Chimmichurri sauce onto crust, sprinkle with cheeses, top with steak slices and put back into oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with additional Chimmichurri!