Let’s talk about calories and nutrition for a second—
First off, I’ve never been a believer in counting them lest you drive yourself neurotic or risk under feeding your body and slowing metabolism. Here’s a sample morning bowl and it’s only ONE part of my first meal. I’m 5’ 1” tall and a size 2/4.
Below is the breakdown:
This first half of my breakfast has 553 calories and according to a lot of “women-focused” diets that would be far too high for someone my size. It’s not!! My body craves and thrives on at least 3,000 per day, often more depending on activity.
Also, this entirely plant-based bowl has 442% daily vitamin A, 237% vitamin C, 64% iron, 107% calcium and a whopping 38g of protein.
(Not to mention healthy fats).
Start your day with more foods from the earth... nature will provide you with all the nutrition you need!! Oh, and give you amazing skin to boot.
- 3 cups spinach
- 1.5 cups mango, frozen
- 1.5 cups vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 0.5 banana, frozen
- 1 scoop Vanilla Amazing Grass Protein Superfood, or favorite vegan protein powder
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp raw pistachios, shelled
- 0.5 tbsp, chia seeds
- 0.5 tbsp, cocoa nibs
- Add frozen banana and mango to bottom of blender, top with spinach, then powder and pour in almond milk.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Pour into bowl (a cold one is even better), top with sliced banana, pistachios, chia seeds and cocoa nibs.
- Spoon this delicious frozen treat for a refreshing breakfast, mid-day break or anytime you need a boost of energy!