'Tis the season of PUMPKIN EVERYTHING.
Baked goods, soup, crackers and of course pumpkin spice lattes!
I am not a huge fan of PSLs from coffeeshops (like Starbucks), which are stuffed to the brim with sugar and questionable ingredients... not to mention dairy. This is a homemade alternative and tea can be substituted with a shot of espresso if you prefer coffee.
This packs more than half your daily calcium, 15g of protein and no added sugary syrups!
If you prefer another non-dairy milk, you may substitute. I use the Protein Nut Milk because of the extra protein and the creaminess of the almond and cashew blend. Also, my tea of choice is the Trader Joe's Spiced Chai.
Please add the spices to your own taste and pumpkin pie spice would work wonderfully! Simply add about a teaspoon.
- 1 1/2 cups Silk Protein Nut Milk (can substitute another non-dairy milk)
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pour milk into saucepan, add pumpkin and spices.
- Whisk over medium-high heat until piping hot and bubbles forming rapidly.
- Add tea bags and remove from heat.
- Allow tea to steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and whisk to froth, then pour into mug. For extra chai flavor, add the tea bags back into mug while you sip