I am extremely excited to share this recipe with you!!!
This exquisite and beautiful bowl is packed with SUPERFOOD goodness and is you guessed it... is so easy to make!
For this particular bowl I chose to utilize a watermelon I had frozen as well as other berries.
If you find other types of fruits that you fancy in your freezer, then substitute away!
However, I would be sure to include the banana for the sake of texture.
Also, choose the milk that suits your tastes and dietary needs best. Dairy-free nut milks work wonderfully (I prefer unsweetened cashew)!
As you can see below, I chose the one on the left as coconut is not my friend! On the right is my four year-old's dish who enjoys fruits and honey without the nuts and could be convinced that the Chia seeds were from the kiwi!!
I can't wait to see your own unique take on this nutritious bowl!!
INGREDIENTS (per full-size bowl):
- 1 4-ounce Acai frozen puree packet
- 1/2 cup frozen watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 medium banana
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/8 cup raw walnuts
- 1/8 cup unsweetened coconut
- Sliced fruit: strawberries, kiwi and banana
- Drizzle of honey
- Run Acai packet under warm water for 10 seconds and break up into chunks.
- Add acai puree, frozen fruit, and banana to blender or food processor.
- Pour in half of the milk and start to pulse the mixture. Continue to pulse and slowly add remaining milk.
- Blend smoothie to a thick and smooth consistency. Then, spoon into a bowl.
- Top your smoothie with sliced fruit, walnuts and coconut.
- Sprinkle Chia seeds and drizzle honey as desired.
- Dig in quickly and savor this delectable frozen treat for breakfast, dessert or as a mid-day snack!