Fruit is nature's candy, but sometimes I like to switch things up a bit!
One of my favorite ways to add some variety to a fruit salad is with a honey-lime dressing. The topping takes less than 5 minutes to mix together, adds no refined sugar and a ton of flavor!
My four year-old had to be cut off from digging into this.
I typically create a fruit salad with a couple substantial options such as melons, pineapple or grapes then add berries!
The leftovers will keep in the fridge for a day or two, otherwise you can freeze and use in smoothies.
Please let me know what you think!
- 1 pound of strawberries, sliced
- 1 small pineapple, cubed
- 1 cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a small dish zest an entire lime and then squeeze juice into dish.
- Whisk in honey and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Layer fruit in large bowl.
- Spoon over honey-lime mixture slowly over fruit and lightly toss.
- It's best to allow 30 mins to chill and marry flavors, but can also be enjoyed immediately!