In honor of the beginning of cozy sweaters, pumpkin farms and chilly nights- I bring to you the most delicious fall loaf!
This version is completely vegan, made with quality ingredients and has a crunchy/sweet top with a moist center. I included all my favorite aspects of the season including: Honeycrisp apples, pumpkin, cranberry, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg.
Whip up this yummy bread and your entire home will smell delightful!
- 1 cup flour, white
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat unbleached
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 medium apple, diced (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
*Topping- 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk together very well.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, pumpkin, maple, almond milk and oil.
- Slowly add wet ingredients into large bowl and mix.
- Stir in diced apple and cranberries.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- In a small dish use a fork to combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake in oven approx. 55mins-1hr. (I pulled the loaf out once it was risen, the top was browned and a toothpick came out almost clean as a little underbaked results in a really moist bread!)