CHIPS. CHIPS. CHIPS.
My personal kryptonite. However, I can easily sit down to demolish an entire bag of kettle chips without blinking an eye!
Think you couldn't possibly utilize the superfood kale to replace your usual crunchy fix?
I was not a believer until I finally perfected this recipe. Now, I am addicted.
Kale will not replicate the oily, heavy potato chip experience, but it makes a fantastic substitute when you're trying to satisfy your cravings without ruining your diet. My four year-old even loved these and she would never touch kale in any other form!
As always, this recipe is incredibly simple to implement and takes very little time.
If you adore another seasoning combination then experiment!! Make 'em spicy! Add lots of garlic!
The options are endless.
Best part? If you find yourself finishing a bowl there is zero guilt. You just fed your body nutrients and healthy fat.
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place chopped kale in large mixing bowl and massage with oil using your hands.
- Sprinkle with salt, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper and red pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread out in single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate pan.
- Put in oven for additional 5-10 minutes until edges are slightly brown and chips are crispy!